Current HVAC Rebates In Ontario: Furnace Rebates, AC Rebates & More
If you're looking for HVAC rebates in Ontario, look no further.
We got you covered.
Whether you’re shopping for a new furnace or boiler or upgrading your air conditioning and making your home more energy-efficient or just wanting to level up your ventilation system, rebates are a great way to save hundreds or even thousands of your hard-earned dollars.
So below without further adieu, we feature a powerful HVAC rebate database that highlights what's available to you if you're living in Ontario.
Let's get right into it!
When it comes to this subject, there is an interesting grant program that was created in Canada, and it is called the Canada Greener Homes Grant Program.
This means that any Canadian that decides to remodel their home and use energy-efficient upgrades, will get rebates from up to $5600 dollars.
The Grant covers up to $5,000 for heating systems and renewable energy items and offers up to $600 for the cost of pre-and post-retrofit energy EnerGuide evaluations.
This is an excellent program that is stretched out over the course of seven years, with the purpose of giving 700,000 available grants to homeowners.
The best thing about it is that you can use it for anything you like, from a heating and cooling system to solar panels, windows, doors, and insulation.
If you want to reap the benefits from it, then the best thing would be to register for their program.
You will need to get an audit done, and then you will be eligible for the rebate.
This is a program that has been open since May 2021.
Here at For Saving Heating & Cooling, we apply and manage the application for you to save our customers the headache.
Province-Wide Residential Rebate
When it comes to general energy efficiency rebates, there are a high number of homeowners who are requesting rebates, and this is where some things are included.
- Air sealing: you can get up to $150 dollars.
- Insulation: you can get up to $3000 dollars for insulation on your walls, ceilings, basements, and exterior walls.
- Furnaces: you can get up to $250 dollars for upgrading to better and more energy-
efficient furnace, as long as you complete two other upgrades.
- Windows: you can get up to $40 dollars per window skylight, or door that you decide to replace.
- Thermostats: you can get up to $75 dollars for upgrading to a smart thermostat.
- Boilers: you can get up to $1000 dollars if you upgrade to a high-efficiency natural gas boiler.
- Water heaters: you can get up to $400 dollars if you upgrade to an ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater with an Energy Factor rating of 0.77+ or a Uniform Energy Factor rating of 0.80.
Affordable Multi-Family Housing Rebates
When it comes to multi-family housing rebates, there are some offered, and they can come up to about $200,000 dollars.
However, there are still other incentives as well.
This is a rebate that is offered until the end of November 2022.
- Energy assessment: you can get up to $8000 dollars if you decide to go for an energy assessment.
- Boilers: you can get somewhere between $1200 and $9000 dollars if you consider a high-efficiency or a seasonal boiler for the home.
- Water heaters: you can get up to $900 dollars
- Make-up air units: you can get up to $26,000 dollars, depending on the air unit of the course.
- Showerheads that have a low flow: they are mostly free in eligible units.
- New in-suite HRVs and ERVs: you can get up to $250 dollars per unit.
- Upgraded in-suite HRVs and ERVs: you can get up to $190 dollars per unit.
- Whole-building ERVs: you can get up to $1 dollar/CFM to $4 dollars/CFM (cubic feet per minute) for any new or existing, but upgraded energy recovery ventilator.
- Whole-building HRVs: you can get up to $0.40 dollars /CFM to $3.30 dollars/CFM for any new or existing, but upgraded heat recovery ventilator.
Energy Affordability Program
When it comes to all electricity owners in Ontario, this program is open for all of them who are meeting the criteria and are deemed eligible for it.
This is a program that has various offers and depending on the home that you own and the income that you have, you can become eligible for some of the following:
- Adding a smart thermostat.
- Adding insulation and weather stripping.
- Installing high-efficiency faucets and showerheads.
- Having a clothesline.
- Looking into getting a new refrigerator.
- Looking into installing a window air conditioner.
- Changing the lightbulbs with energy star light bulbs.
Ontario Renovates Program
For those who are homeowners who are within a few municipalities in Ontario, do not worry, there is always the option of getting an interest-free loan.
You can even look into the option of taking a grant or a forgivable loan.
This is a type of grant that is always focused on homeowners that have a lower income, or a moderate income.
You are also considered eligible if you are with any disabilities, or you are a low-income senior person.
There is a certain purpose to this, and it is to safely fund certain upgrades, energy-efficiency improvements, and some accessibility repairs which could overall lead to an improved lifestyle for all residences.
When it comes to the program and the benefits it can provide, they are plenty, and they include:
- If you are looking into purchasing high-efficiency boilers, furnaces, air conditioners, and even water heaters.
- If you are looking into replacing your doors and your windows.
- If you are looking into air sealing and insulation for your home.
- If you are looking into purchasing some air-source heat pumps.
- If you are looking into installing geothermal or solar hot water systems.
- If you are looking into replacing your toilets.
Toronto, if you are looking to go through the RBC Energy Saver Loan, you should be able to get a $100 dollars rebate for a home energy audit or even get a 1 percent interest rate discount on a loan that is larger than $5000 dollars for energy-efficient products or services that will serve a purpose in your home.
Also for Toronto, if you are looking to go through the Eco-Roof Incentive Program, the City of Toronto has the power to offer a grant to help home and building owners, in those cases when they are interested in installing green or cool roofs.
Through this program you should be able to get:
- $100 dollars per square meter if you wish to install a green roof.
- $1,000 dollars if you wish to do a structural assessment before you install a green roof.
- $2 to $5 dollars per square meter if you are looking into the option of a cool roof.
If you have any questions about our article "Current Rebates For Heating And Cooling Systems Ontario" or energy efficient system upgrades, feel free to call us at 416-543-0641 or chat with us in near real-time on our Facebook fan page.